- 2 hours ago
After designers refused to dress her for the Oscars, Melissa McCarthy launched her own clothing company
"When I go shopping, most of the time I’m disappointed," McCarthy said in the July issue of the magazine. "Two Oscars ago, I couldn’t find anybody to do a dress for me. I asked five or six designers — very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people — and they all said no."
Instead, McCarthy walked the 2012 red carpet in a dress by Marina Rinaldi, a designer available at high-end deparment stores. While she looked great in the frock, the fact that designeers were unwilling or (even more implausable) unable to design a dress for the A-list star says a lot about the stigma still attached to plus-sized fashion.
(via claraslilles)Source: micdotcom
- 3 hours ago
- 4 hours ago
1. Make sure you own a nice bed.
2. Sleep in it frequently.
3. Remember how nice it feels to flip over your pillow to the cooler side.
4. Check your pulse and hum along to the rhythm because it is music.
5. Write clear and make a lot of spelling errors. Get the poison out and don’t worry about it being neat.
6. If you can, do not shut people out. You will have good days and they should see them.
7. If you feel overwhelmed, go outside and scream. Find a nice empty park in the middle of the night and scream as loud as you can until your throat is bleeding. The world wants to hear you.
8. Let yourself fall in love. Believe it or not, there are people out there who want your blacks and blues.
9. Keep waking up.
10. Keep waking up.
11. Keep waking up. Maybe with someone next to you."
- 5 hours ago
- 6 hours ago
- 8 hours ago
- 9 hours ago
a good response to the question “how old are you?” is something along the lines of “dunno i stopped counting after the first few centuries”
and it needs to be said seriously without smiling or humor or as casually as possible and followed by “so anyway” and a subject change as if it’s completely normal
I did this once and my friend, without missing a single beat, turns around and says “For the last time, you’re 1206. Why I even bother…”
(via cigar-tea-partyy)Source: jaclcfrost
- 11 hours ago
- 12 hours ago
- 13 hours ago
- 16 hours ago